Thinking about class assignments...

Looking at the weekly core assignments as well as extra credit, it's not a stretch to say that this is the most uniquely set up class I have taken in college, and I mean that in the best way possible. I am very much looking forward to the change of pace from other courses I have taken/am taking, which have very little variation in structure beyond whether they focus mainly on tests or papers. I am also looking forward to the more constant, medium intensity workload (as opposed to the sort of on-again, off-again bursts of intensity inherent to classes with periodic tests or papers). I've personally found that going at a consistent pace lends itself better to staying engaged, avoiding burnout, and producing consistently high-quality work compared to constantly flip-flopping between high intensity/low intensity. Last but not least, I am really glad to have the opportunity to do creative work on a weekly basis. I've always loved a good bit of creative, out-of-the-box thinking, but I haven't had a chance to do very much of this kind of work in college (certainly not at this volume) and I can't wait to get to it.

(Personal Photo, my dog, Coco, is excited for this semester. So am I)

Comments

Popular Posts