Time Strategies and Eating the Frogs First

Considering time management strategies, I read the two articles "The Important Habit of Just Starting" and "Eat the Frogs First Thing in the Morning". I found the latter of the two to be much more helpful. I felt "The Important Habit of Just Starting" spent more time chastising the reader for procrastinating than it did providing help to not procrastinate, and when it did provide advice, it did so in a roundabout way which often left the reader confused as to what the actual advice was. "Eat the Frogs," on the other hand, was very straightforward and informative. It spent little more than the introductory sentences speaking about the curse of procrastination itself and, instead, jumped right into a step-by-step process to overcoming it. 

I really liked the main idea put forth by "Eat the Frogs" of getting the hardest task of your day done first thing in the morning. Previously, it would have been something that wouldn't really have been a possibility for me as I had class most mornings and was already waking up fairly early to be able to exercise beforehand. Now, however, with my classes all being in the afternoon (or asynchronous), my schedule is finally conducive to getting some work done first thing out of bed. Or maybe while I'm still in bed. It's comfortable and I can reach my computer from there (my apartment's quite small).

Frog_smile.jpg, Source: WikiMedia Commons


Comments

Popular Posts